Sunday, April 6, 2008

It always feels good to see this...




It's not looking as good as I'd like, but the point is clear. With my income tax check coming in last month, I have finally paid off my old student loan bill.
The date on this says 1999, but this is a consolidation loan for student loans going back to 1991. Then, I completed my time at Indiana's Anderson University and started paying these bills 6 months later. I frequently ran into trouble on these loans with them eventually going into default sometime in '97 or '98.
Unless you have struggled with making student loan payments, you have no idea how good it is to see this. Now, I'm working on paying off my credit card bill. If all goes well, that should be gone by early summer.
Not since I was a kid / teen have I been debt free.

No comments: