Sunday, December 2, 2007

Owner of the losing heart!

With due respect to the fine song from the group "Yes"

I am becoming totally convinced that it is not possible to win this game - Microsoft's Hearts. I am also convinced that the computer is out to make sure that you get the Queen of Spades. In numerous hands (like the one shown here), I end up with that card. I have the opportunity to trade it off - and look what happens I get it back. I think I'm in the clear by playing a small card from another suit and guess what - everyone else plays small cards and the queen of spades. Guess who gets the hand. Everytime (as rare as it happens) I get the lead (low score), I end up with the queen of spades.


In other words - it is not possible to win this game, especially on THIS computer. Welcome to another round of the Kobiyashi Maru.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.