Friday, February 29, 2008

Geocaching activity - Tri cities meet & greet II

Geocaching Activity: GC191AK - Tri Cities Meet & Greet II, held on 2-26-08 from 6 to 8 pm at Pat & Jerry's Restaurant in Auburn.

As is becoming the case anymore, here I am running a little behind. It's 5:30 pm and I'm still hanging around at Saginaw Barnes & Noble. Lucky I decided to visit the rest room when I did. It didn't help that the roads I travelled on were blown over in open areas by snow.

After grabbing a pad of paper at a nearby dollar store, I finally arrived just before 6. Most everyone else had already arrived. I created a name tag for myself and filled out a sheet for prize drawings later on.

Surveying the crowd, a number of the cachers that were around for the last dinner were back including local favorites Windrose, Mizdeeds, Saginawmike, and Gila 666 Devil Dog. The ever elusive Bigfoot15 was a no show again and Lucylee didn't make it due to weather in the thumb. Our host, TeamLJ couldn't make it either due to illness. On the other hand, there were a few new faces. I met Mrs. Team Timberwolf once before, so I had a chance to visit with her more than the few minutes we had before and this was the first time I had talked with Jeff from Team Kobudo (who I had previously talked via e-mail) and with Team Zoenen and Geo Girlz who I had previously never talked with.

Food: after surveying the vast menu options, I ended up choosing what I chose last time - the Mexi-combo something or the other. Last time, it was pretty good. This time, it pretty wasn't. There were parts that were a ways undercooked and I'm sure my body paid for that later in several ways.

Prizes: The door prize (like last time) was a Space Pen. My donations to the table were 3 of the clear plastic containers my mother had given me from her work and a TB called "Speak Up" which was essentially a radio speaker with a tag attached. The containers were won by Geo Girlz, Windrose, and Team Kobudo so hopefully I'll eventually find those on the road. Oh, for the first time I won something - the door prize. That should be in the mail pretty soon.

As I need to start wrapping up this blog entry to get ready for work, so do all good geocaching activities. We wrapped up our activities and paid our bills. Some of us met across the parking lot afterward to see if we could tackle the cache hidden there. We decided there was too much snow piled up over the cache spot to make it our worthwhile. We'll be back when it gets warmer outside.

No comments: